We require safety training that goes beyond our industry's requirements.
Our field employees have training and are certified in:
- OSHA 30 (superintendents & foremen)
- OSHA 10
- Confined space entry
- Fire control
- Emergency preparedness
- Asbestos & lead awareness
- First aid/CPR
- Scaffold erection
- Manlift operation
- Powered Industrial vehicles (as required)
At Queen City Mechanicals, we make safety the responsibility of every employee.
- Safety is planned into every task daily by our field supervisors and all members of our team participate in regular safety meetings.
- Our safety program encourages every team member to identify and correct unsafe conditions and work practices for everyone on the jobsite, including our sub-contractors.
- Our safety manager conducts regular jobsite inspections to identify potential hazards and works with our field staff to promote healthy work environments.
- Development, distribution and implementation of safety procedures
- Continuing education and training for QCM field personnel
- Site-specific safety plans
- Weekly Toolbox Talks
- Extensive hazard identification and correction process
- Pre-task safety analysis
- jobsite safety audits
- accident and incident investigation programs
- Safety stand downs to implement corrective actions & lessons learned
- New hire training and orientation
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Participation in the COATS Program