Queen City Mechanicals, a commercial/industrial plumbing and utility contractor, with over 35 years of industry experience operating within the Greater Cincinnati Tri-State Area, is actively seeking an experienced plumbing coordinator to join our team.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring work is consistent with BIM plan and project schedules
- Use CAD and BIM software to compile MEP coordination models, clash reports and schedules for multiple projects
- Review construction drawings for apparent conflicts with architectural and structural contract documents and to ensure compliance with local code requirements
- Compile dimensioned project coordination drawings, Spool drawings, Isometric drawings and As-built drawings to adequately support the project
- Capable of producing 3D models in Revit and/or AutoCAD for coordination with other mechanical trade contractors
- Attend MEP coordination meetings
- Coordinate with field Foreman and update coordination drawings throughout each project
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs site surveys and field measurement work as needed to support the coordination effort.
- Proven work history as a MEP coordinator in commercial/industrial plumbing
- Proficient on 3D drafting software, including Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks
- Understanding of BIM framework and construction coordination process
- Knowledge of building components and systems
- Must have knowledge of current industry practices regarding fabrication and installation of various piping or plumbing systems
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes
Individual must be able to demonstrate that he/she posses the following skills:
- Proficient communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Self management skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- Positive attitude